Do you have missing teeth due to dental decay, gum disease, or trauma? Does this impact your confidence leaving you feeling embarrassed or uncomfortable? Not only that, but did you know that missing teeth can also be detrimental to your health and nutrition as well? Fear not! Dental implants may be the perfect solution.
Dental implants can change your life as they work as realistic teeth replacements that look and function just like your natural teeth. Don’t put up with missing teeth anymore, get in touch with a trusted dental implant specialist today!
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a titanium metal post that is fused to the jawbone, acting as the root of the missing tooth. This sturdy, screwlike post is then used as the ‘anchor’ for the replacement tooth. Dental implants are a permanent alternative to dentures or bridgework that don’t fit well or when natural teeth roots are not strong enough for artificial tooth replacements. They can even secure dentures so it can give you the confidence that your dentures won’t fall out when you are talking or eating.
Do dental implants function and look like my natural teeth?
The short answer is yes! Dental implants function and look just like natural teeth do. As implants are made of a biocompatible material, they won’t cause harm to your body. In essence, implants become the base or root for a replacement tooth. Therefore, the implant will not move or come out when eating or speaking.
Unlike fixed bridgework or dentures, implants are surgically placed in your jawbone so they will not slip, make any noise, or cause bone damage. Generally, dental implants are your ideal solution if:
- You have one or more missing teeth
- Have sufficient bone to secure the implants
- Have healthy oral tissues
- You have no health conditions that will impact bone healing
- You are unable or reluctant to wear dentures
- You are willing to commit time to the dental implant process (can take a few months)
How dental implants can change your life
There are many ways in which dental implants can transform your confidence and general health, including the following:
- Improved look – Implants are designed to look and feel like your own teeth, and since they are fused with the bone, they are a permanent fix.
- Improved comfort – Because dental implants become part of you, they reduce the overall discomfort. You will hardly notice the difference after a few months of having an implant implemented.
- Improved speech – As seen with poor-fitting dentures, teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur. Implants let you speak without the worry that teeth might move or slip.
- Easier eating – Semi-permanent or unfixed dental solutions can often make it hard to chew, even with softer foods, since they can still move around. Implants work just like your own set of teeth, allowing you to eat confidently minus the pain and discomfort!
- Higher self-esteem – With your improved look, comfort, and speech, dental implants can bring back your confidence so you can eat, speak, and smile without feeling embarrassed.
- Better oral health – Not many people are aware but having missing teeth can interrupt your entire dental structure. Having a gap allows the remaining teeth the opportunity to tilt and shift, particularly the teeth that are closest to the gap. This leads to further oral problems including the distorted structure of the teeth and the potential loss of more teeth down the road.
See The Dental Implant Specialists At Yeronga Park Dental
Dental implants have evolved in recent years and offer solutions for every kind of tooth loss, and they work for patients of all ages. If you would like to arrange a consultation, please get in touch with us on 07 3848 2478 or book an appointment online.