If you are unhappy with the appearance of your teeth, veneers may be a good option for you. First impressions are important, and your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Veneers are a cosmetic dental treatment that can give you the smile you have always wanted and help to improve your self esteem. If you are considering veneers, here is what you need to know.
What are Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells that cover the front surface of your teeth. They are made from porcelain or composite resin, and they can be used to improve the appearance of your teeth. Veneers are an option for people who have stained, chipped, broken or misshapen teeth. They can also be used to close gapped teeth.
Are Veneers suitable for everyone?
Veneers are not suitable for everyone. If you have healthy teeth and good oral hygiene, veneers may not be necessary. Your dentist will need to examine your teeth and gums to make sure that you are a good candidate for veneers. Veneers are not typically recommended for people who have gum disease or tooth decay. If you have these conditions, your dentist may recommend other treatment options to enhance the appearance of your smile.
What are the advantages of veneers?
There are many advantages of veneers. Veneers can:
– Improve the appearance of your teeth as veneers can be natural looking
– Protect your teeth from damage
– Help close gaps between teeth
– Are non invasive and less painful when compared to other dental treatments like braces
– Your natural teeth remain healthy under the porcelain should you decide to remove the veneers
What are the disadvantages of veneers?
There are also some disadvantages to consider before you get veneers. Veneers can:
– Be costly
– Require regular maintenance
– May not last as long as other dental treatments, a set of veneers lasts for 10 years on average
– Can damage your natural teeth as there is teeth preparation required which is irreversible
What is the cost of veneers?
The cost of veneers can vary depending on the type of veneer, the number of veneers you need, and the dentist you see. Porcelain veneers typically cost more than composite resin veneers. The average cost of a single porcelain veneer at Yeronga Park Dental is $1,790.
If you are considering veneers, contact Yeronga Park Dental.
Our team of experienced dentists can help you decide if veneers are right for you. We offer payment plans to make dental treatments more affordable. To learn more, book an appointment today.